We are hiring a Senior
Corporate Attorney for our legal team in Bloomington, MN. In
this role, you will provide advice and counsel to Schwan’s Company and its
subsidiaries in the fields of contract negotiation and drafting, risk
assessment and mitigation, dispute resolution, legal compliance and other day
to day functions.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to play a strategic role as we integrate into a global
- An environment that is flexible, with reasonable hours and a high
amount of autonomy
- Diverse work supporting a company that has an employee base made
of manufacturing, distribution, drivers and corporate team members
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic,
good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of
- Advise business units (from material sourcing, to product development, manufacturing, distribution and sales) on various business and legal issues and related risks.
- Negotiate and draft contracts such as material supply agreements, joint product development agreements, transportation agreements, warehousing agreements, leases, licensing agreements, broker agreements, distribution agreements and product supply agreements.
- Counsel business to ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, U.S. and foreign laws and regulations such as FDA, USDA and related regulations.
- Assist with resolving third party disputes and manage litigation through outside counsel as assigned.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives.
- Assist in all aspects of the legal functions of the company as assigned such as M&A transactions.
- Supervise and direct the work of corporate attorneys and/or paralegals as needed.
Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school with excellent academic record
to practice law in Minnesota or ability to be admitted to the Minnesota State
Bar within 6 months
Experience: 5-8 years of commercial
transaction experience in a reputable law firm, in-house law department or both
- Excellent negotiation, leadership, organizational, presentation, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to develop legally compliant, business-oriented and cost-efficient solutions.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively partner with business unit clients and legal team members.
- Proficiency in handling intellectual property matters is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with creditors’ rights in bankruptcy matters a plus.