We are seeking a Employment & Labor Counsel to be based in the company’s New York headquarters. The position will be responsible for all legal aspects of employee relations at NFE.
As with any fast-growing company, building a strong and scalable infrastructure with people and processes grounded in a strong culture will be the backbone of our success. The position is a key part of driving the company’s growth strategy. We are entrepreneurial, fast- moving, and motivated by a desire to change the way that energy and electricity are delivered around the world. We are looking for a motivated, experienced individual with shared beliefs and passion to come and help drive the journey.
What you will do:
- Primarily responsible for drafting and negotiating employment letters, analyzing employment- and compensation-related issues, and working with business leaders to structure and document benefits and ex-patriot arrangements for new and existing employees and consultants.
- Working with our Human Resources department on employee-related topics.
- Negotiating and drafting separation agreements and advising the company on related legal issues such as enforcement of restrictive covenants.
- Providing advice on legally-related HR issues (e.g., sexual harassment and consultant arrangements).
What you bring:
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 6-8+ years legal experience, including foundational training with a top law firm focused on employment or executive compensation law;
- Strong educational background and a law degree from an top-tier law school, as well as current, valid admission to an NY bar;
- Substantive experience drafting and negotiating employment agreements both domestically and internationally;
- Practical, commercial and solution-oriented problem solving approach;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to identify risks and convey advice;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to interact confidently and respectfully with peers as well as more junior or senior team members;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Maturity, integrity, humility and ability to maintain confidences and be discreet;
- Strong work ethic;
- Detail-oriented and process-driven;
- Responsive and reliable; and
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about identifying areas to add value.