At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Position
The TaskRabbit legal team is focused on minimizing risk while getting to yes, prioritizing growth and finding ways to partner efficiently as we scale the company globally. We are creative problem solvers who prioritize a sense of humor and the ability to get sh!t done (almost) over all else.
You must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization including Legal, Product, and Engineering. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment with a high workload. This position reports to the General Counsel.
Please include an introductory paragraph on why you are motivated to join the TaskRabbit legal team.
- Devise and implement litigation and regulatory strategy.
- Provide legal advice and support to internal teams across the company on litigation risk and litigation-related processes.
- Manage outside counsel on both individual and putative class actions, arbitrations, meditations and other disputes.
- Oversee Intellectual Property matters.
- Help develop scalable solutions for litigation challenges.
- Respond to various disputes and matters on behalf of the Company
- Respond to government inquiries and work with the Government Affairs team to evaluate proposed legislation.
- Counsel product innovation teams on ways to reduce or prevent legal risk.
- This is a small legal team so you will have ample opportunity (and be expected to) pitch in and work on matters outside of your core responsibilities..
- You have 7+ years of government, in-house, and/or law firm litigation experience, including experience in California state and federal courts.
- You have specialized knowledge or experience in employment law / employment classification; experience advising internet / technology companies preferred.
- Experience with responding to regulatory inquiries.
- Prior experience representing companies in complex litigation and class actions. At the same time, you can communicate like a business person, not a lawyer, when collaborating with business stakeholders.
- You work effectively in cross-functional teams and are open-minded, inclusive, and flexible.
- You embrace ambiguity, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are excited by a company that is in an intense phase of expansion and growth.
- You are able to assess quickly emerging situations and develop practical options to respond to and resolve risks, in a way that displays legal knowledge, common sense, and sound business judgment.
- You view relationships with your clients and other stakeholders as key to your success and build and maintain trusted relationships with those individuals and their teams.
- You have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- You get things done!
- You have a great sense of humor.
- JD and California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar).
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.