Kforce has a client in the state of Arizona seeking Principal and Senior Principal Mechanical Engineers with high-speed Mechanical Engineering expertise. We are looking for candidates nationwide willing to relocate to the state of Arizona. Once again, the position will be in Arizona. A full relocation package will be provided. We are working with the Hiring Authorities of this client.
The chosen candidate will be accountable for providing technical experience and advice with various groups including mechanical, electrical, software, integration, firmware, etc., risk management, system integration into the overall final assembly, creation and implementation of design and development strategy. They will be responsible for developing mechanism designs for a wide range of moving element challenges, such as aerodynamic steering, thrust vectoring, attitude and divert maneuvering, pointing, and stabilizing of systems & subsystems. Responsibility extends across the entire life cycle of the product, from conceptualizing and design, to prototyping and manufacturing, integration and verification testing, through production support.
The candidate will be expected to apply sound mechanical engineering principles to solve complex system problems while teaming with a cross-discipline team including electrical engineering, systems engineering, flight science, manufacturing engineering, supply chain and others. Responsibilities will also include; requirements development and comprehension, concept development, trade study evaluation, 3D modeling support, free body diagram generation, first order structural and thermal analysis, gear analysis, material assessment and selection, datum selection and application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, tolerance analysis, margin analysis, support of drawing development, support of manufacturing process and build tooling development, support of test process and test equipment development.
* BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Aerospace or similar field
* Minimum of 10-20+ years of experience with the design of high-speed moving mechanisms such as propulsions, wings, thrustors, etc.
* Actuation high speed design experience for aerospace applications such as rockets, spacecraft, missiles, jet, etc.
* Hypersonic and/or subsonic experience would be ideal
* Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
* Proficient in product life cycles (requirement generation, documentation, production, process control, fielding a product)
* Proficient in generating free body diagrams
* Moderate 3D modeling skills with a prominent commercial software package
* Proficient in leading a cross functional teams
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
* Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Preferred Experience and Skills but not necessarily required:
* MS degree or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science
* Proven ability to deconstruct higher level tasks into discrete lower level work packages and tasks
* Proven experience on Failure Investigation Teams with FRACAS/FRB/FR/A/CA
* Experience with Pro/Engineer/CREO 3D modeling and mechanical drawing generation
* Experience using MATLAB, Simulink, and dSpace
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.