Wag! is hiring an exceptional product, privacy and commercially focused lawyer to join our expanding legal team. You will be lead counsel on issues relating to privacy, product, and commercially focused matters. Do you want to bring your expertise to Wag!? Read on…
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a front-line attorney advising Wag!’s dynamic product managers, engineers, designers, analysts, and operations specialists who develop, launch, and constantly improve the technology that helps Pet Parents and Pet Care Providers all across the U.S.
- Identify and resolve wide-ranging legal issues, including consumer protection, privacy, data security, transactional and commercial law, and litigation risk, working directly with business clients to provide on-the-ground support.
- Review products, features, and initiatives to assess legal compliance across multiple jurisdictions, from the early stages of product development through launch.
- Serve as the go-to advisor for stakeholders throughout the business on privacy issues, including helping business and engineering teams design new products and services with Wag!’s privacy policies and security in mind.
- Provide support for data privacy related to commercial contracts, partnerships, integrations, and other matters.
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts, including master services agreements, software licenses, consulting services agreements, and other purchase and supply agreements.
- Provide creative, innovative and effective legal solutions for business and commercial deals on consistently short timelines, collaborating closely with others in Legal.
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
- Four (4) to six (6) years of legal experience in private practice and/or in-house.
- Experience analyzing and advising on a wide range of legal issues related to technology platform or e-commerce.
- Experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment.
- History of driving efficient and strategic use of resources, in-house counsel, vendors, and outside counsel.
- A collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.