Our customer is the largest communications solutions provider to the Federal Government supporting various agency’s and departments. This will be a Linthicum, MD based position for a RF Systems Engineer with wireless experience communications system design and site survey experience. This engineer will be mainly supporting DOJ, DHS, Army and Air Force.
Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering degree required.Must be legally eligible for employment in the US.
This engineer will be specific but not limited to supporting DHS and US Postal Service accounts. US citizenship required. DHS is constantly making modifications to their existing systems (RF site adds/deletes, network configuration changes, programming updates, etc.). Our clients service contract requires engineering support to visit four DHS facilities each quarter (16 total visits per year, 30-40 days of travel per year) for the purpose of evaluating the customer’s existing system configuration and comparing that configuration to existing documentation.
* Motorola ASTRO 3.1 conventional and limited SmartZone 4.1 trunking system knowledge preferred
* Vanguard networking product knowledge preferred
* Knowledge of simulcast and multicast land mobile radio topologies
* Ability to interface with the customer and with service technicians, program managers, and documentation specialists
* Review and document changes to system with the customer at each network hub. This includes changes within the network hub and changes at their associated remote sites
* Each quarter, setup and maintain a changes/deliverable tracking sheet for each network hub
* Each quarter, update:
o System description
o System diagrams
o Network documentation
o Network hub photos
Our client also has a multi-year contract with USPS to support survey, design, and installation of UHF (406-420MHz) land mobile radio systems in US Postal mail handling facilities nationwide. The survey is designed to document the existing system, plan for removal of that system and develop the design/installation plan for the replacement system. Each system typically consists of one or two digital TDMA repeaters tied to five to ten in-building antennas. Buildings range from 100k sq. ft. to 1M sq. ft. Bi-Directional Amplifiers and leaky coax are sometimes used, but most buildings consist of open warehouse areas which are better serviced by DAS designs. Engineering support tasks include:
We’re partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That’s the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.