This person will work on the Advanced Engineering & Certification team to prepare for various upgrades and enhancements across the NetSec product line by testing products and working with vendors and internal teams to drive improvements.
Heavy focus on knowledge/experience with the following products:
-Palo Alto & Checkpoint firewalls
-Linux/Unix OS – flexible on specific flavor but they have RHEL, CentOS, SUSE (Many of the security tools are built on Linux/Unix)
-Scripting skills for automated testing – flexible around Python, Sed, Awk, Bash, etc
Symantec Product line
-Messaging Gateway – https://www.symantec.com/content/dam/symantec/docs/data-sheets/messaging-gateway-en.pdf
-SSL Visibility Appliance – https://www.symantec.com/products/ssl-visibility-appliance
-Proxy Secure Gateway (PSG) – https://www.symantec.com/products/proxy-sg-and-advanced-secure-gateway
-Content Analysis – https://www.symantec.com/products/atp-content-malware-analysis
Cycle of testing. They will use Ixia Breaking Point as one of the primary testing tools. Ixia focuses on layers 2-7 of the OSI model. This resource will also be responsible for documentation including test plans, configuration guides, and test summaries.
-Prep work, requirements review and documentation, PM meetings etc.
-Testing using Lab gear and changing configurations based on results
-Heavy documentation using formalized templates and formats to prepare for Certification. These are used to teach/support the operations team on how to administer the devices once configured in the data center and elsewhere.
Information Security Engineer – Certification
This team is organized to formally test and certify network security products (firewalls, IDS, IPS, advanced threat products) in a controlled lab environment. The position will work directly with architects, engineers, and vendors to complete deliverables with aggressive timelines. The position is a highly technical position that requires significant technology expertise to perform daily job functions.
In addition to experience engineering Checkpoint firewalls and VMware, the candidate should have knowledge in areas that include: networking (routing and switching), Linux systems administration, systems management, and application administration.
* 7+ years of experience in the installation, testing, maintenance and integration of security solutions.
* Strong background in network and/or network security systems, including strong familiarity with products from leading vendors.
* Strong familiarity with network automation testing techniques and solutions.
* Significant experience gathering and documenting requirements.
* Significant experience developing and documenting Statements of Work, test plans, and operational documentation.
* Significant experience managing issue cases with vendors
* Significant experience with troubleshooting issues
* Strong knowledge and experience with system administration processes and practices on both Linux and Windows systems.
* Expert knowledge and experience in the use of TCP/IP-based network protocols and applications.
* Expert knowledge and significant experience in the areas of IP routing and switching.
* Significant experience with enterprise networks spanning multiple business functions and geographic locations.
RSA Netwitness/FireEye/TippingPoint Strong Unix/Linux background will receive preferential review.
NOTE: please have the candidate answer the following screening questions and attach to resume when submitting candidates. Candidates w/o the answers to screening questions will NOT be reviewed. Thank you!
1. Describe your troubleshooting process
2. Describe your approach to certifying a security product
3. Attach a diagram that you created for a recent lab setup where you tested a product (or create one for a hypothetical situation).
We’re partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That’s the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.