Kforce is immediately adding a full-time Field Technical Support Representative in support of our nationally recognized, Consumer and Commercial Electronic R&D client in Houston, Texas (TX).
This customer facing, non-exempt Printer field break/fix position provides a wide range of hardware support and related services specifically to the company. A car and droid cell phone with unlimited data is required. Products include all company printer models in a constantly changing environment that requires positive approaches and demonstrated success at handling multiple stressors. Candidates must be self-contained, resourceful and determined for success.
This is a team-based group of self-starting, technical/mechanical delivery professional. This ever-changing environment presents each team member with various daily events that educate customers about the technology, manage critical service events, and interact with multiple levels of both company and customer management/teams. These teams are responsible for completely satisfied customers and helping to grow the company’s business in a profitable manner and within budget. It is imperative that the Field Service Representative understands the financial aspects and business impact of what they deliver, how and why. Typical types of reactive, on customer site, service events include, but are not limited to: Configuring hardware, software and simple network components, install, unit repair, and working with escalation personal performing and assisting in technical action plans to remediate print issues.
* High School diploma or equivalent, plus additional hardware technology training; College preferred
Demonstrated core competencies of success in this position are:
* Strong mechanical aptitude, working with tools and various alignment apparatus
* Alignment with customer’s business needs while maintaining the company’s contractual commitments
* Ability to logically and systemically technically/mechanically troubleshoot various hardware problems on printers; May also involve third party software, networks and switches
* Onsite customer facing experience
* Technical/mechanical hardware repair experience
* Demonstrated technical/mechanical aptitude for learning new technology
* Availability to work both scheduled and unscheduled overtime
* Ability to participate in assigned work during non-traditional workdays, holidays and shift work
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.