Assists with the development and execution of comprehensive legal strategies and solutions to facilitate Xcel Energy’s objectives while mitigating any associated legal risks and to function cooperatively as a team member with General Counsel employees. Handles routine legal matters with considerable oversight from other in-house counsel.
- Conducts legal research and drafts basic legal documents.
- Assists with the provision of general legal advice to business areas.
- Participates in meetings with business areas to assist discussions of policy, compliance and outline legal strategy.
- Monitors and reports on administrative or agency proceedings.
- Provides leadership and counsel to business partners on retail electric and gas matters;
- Drafts and reviews applications and testimony to include filings on rate recovery, resource planning, and the roll-out of new products and programs;
- Represents Xcel Energy before the Colorado Public Utilities Commission and other agency bodies.
- May act as a primary point of contact for certain business areas and external partners.
- Juris Doctorate degree from ABA accredited law school.
- 0-3 Years of practice in corporate law department, law firm, government practice or equivalent legal experience and licensed to practice in the state in which the position is located; an excellent academic record and relevant qualifications; excellent analytical, legal research and writing skills; the ability to work independently as well as part of a team; the ability to prioritize and plan a challenging workload; excellent client relationship skills; and a demonstrated work ethic.