Essential Job Functions
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
1. Works closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards.
2. Leads full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget.
3. Makes recommendations towards the development of new WCS code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
4. Has leadership experience in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies.
Provide Tier 3 support and work closely with peers and Support teams to troubleshoot and remediate production incidents and issues related to WCS.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company business initiatives.
2. Provide 3rd tier technical support for the eCommerce Team.
3. Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes to ensure that corporate objectives are met.
4. Proactively communicate system-related issues to management, team members, and the user community when warranted.
5. Participate in Project Scrum teams in rolling out new technologies to enhance the overall productivity in the eCommerce environment.
6. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Nature of Supervision
This position requires independent decisions that impact multiple systems.
Planning and Problem Solving
Candidate will work closely with business units to plan, develop, and implement solutions to business problems presented by both internal units and the executive team.
Creates solutions to problems using industry standard tools and methodologies and leads the delivery of those solutions in accordance with Petco standards and practices.
This position will provide technical leadership and supplement existing development resources and allow the eCommerce development team to implement solutions in a more agile manner.
Demonstrate Adaptability and Desire to Learn — Works productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty. Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to obstacles, constraints, adversity, and mistakes. Constructively and resourcefully adapts to changing needs, conditions, priorities or opportunities. Seeks out opportunities to learn from new discoveries, innovations, ways of looking at things, knowledge, and ideas. Invites and incorporates feedback, without becoming defensive.
Perform Professional Analysis — Integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at a broader understanding of issues (e.g., company reports plus in-store observations). Defines issues clearly despite incomplete or ambiguous information. Identifies the key issues in complex or ambiguous problems. Approaches problems or issues systematically, looking for connections, trends, and potential causes. Probes and looks past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues.
Plan, Execute and Lead — Develops realistic plans (e.g., action steps, timelines) to accomplish objectives. Acquires and leverages resources, processes, and tools to achieve business goals. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results. Holds him/herself and team accountable for outcomes (e.g., achieving goals and complying with policies and procedures). Anticipates and addresses obstacles, redirecting efforts to accelerate the work or improve quality.
Produce Results — Initiates decisive, timely action to address important issues. Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and a commitment to achieving meaningful results. Sets challenging, clear goals/targets and expectations for achieving business results. Drives initiatives/efforts to successful completion and closure. Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action.
Satisfy the Customer — Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Seeks feedback from customers to identify improvement opportunities. Follows up with customers to ensure problems are solved. Continually searches for ways to improve customer service (including the removal of barriers, and providing solutions).
Use Professional Judgment — Makes logical, rational, and integrative decisions, and arrives at sound conclusions. Chooses the best alternative(s) based on a review of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing, and probabilities. Evaluates the consequences and implications of alternatives, actions, or decisions (e.g., impact on sales, returns, customer loyalty). Makes timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
Education and Experience
7-10 years progressively responsible experience and a four-year degree in a technical field related to networks and information systems, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience is required.