Department Marketing Statement – Manager, Financial Systems & Reporting
This position is in WMATA's Office of Management Budget Services. The Manager, Financial System and Reporting will assist with the implementation and management with the Hyperion software. The Manger will be responsible with establishing and maintaining relationships with IT support for Hyperion and Peoplesoft Financials, providing functional assistance when needed. The manager will be responsible with providing the Director with status reports. It is expected that the manager will maintain constant knowledge of the status of the software and report any required maintenance. The manager will oversee two direct reports, assuming responsibility for training, providing employees with a constant and consistent work flow and examination of work prior to being submitted to the Director. The prospective candidate should have strong interpersonal skill and excellent communication.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or other directly related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in managing, supervising, administering, and evaluating financial systems and accounting/budget programs with a background in using manual and automated systems
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: Oracle Suite, Oracle Hyperion, PeopleSoft Financial System 9.1 or higher, PeopleSoft HCM (Payroll) System 9.1 or higher, and/or Cognos BI 10 or higher
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Manager Financial Systems and Reporting is responsible for providing financial systems and reporting support that is consistent with established financial management guidelines, regulations and policy. The incumbent ensures that the Authority's financial systems function with optimum efficiency. The incumbent manages the effort to perform testing and evaluations and assists the Information Technology (IT) department with system implementations, upgrades, and repairs as necessary. The supported systems include Oracle Hyperion, PeopleSoft Financials (FIN), Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM), Cognos, Maximo, and/or the Finance Intranet. The incumbent assists the Authority's departments in utilizing financial systems expertise to improve efficiency and effectiveness and create financial dashboards. The Manager Financial Systems and Reporting is responsible for recommending improvements to existing systems and providing quality assurance for the Authority's cost allocation plans. The incumbent also provides functional assistance to project leaders utilizing systems that directly support CFO departments.
- Supervises, plans, and assists in the implementation of activities necessary to provide IT support for the Authority's PeopleSoft financial system, as well as supporting enterprise and payroll systems. Coordinates IT support for PeopleSoft modules including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, project costing, billing, asset management, and payroll.
- Manages and coordinates system development, requirements, maintenance, system testing, user testing, data conversion and other key processes in system acquisitions to ensure proper interface and balance use of hardware and software resources.
- Serves as the primary point of accountability for financial reporting provided to a division, department or office. Reviews monthly reporting data for accuracy. Develops technical strategies in support of the financial business strategy and in accordance with planned business results, time-frames and budgets.
- Oversees the formulation, development, preparation, administration, and evaluation of the strategic implementation plan for the Office of CFO financial activities. Identifies potential problem areas and implements new or modified management techniques, practices, procedures, and regulations.
- Assists project leads and subject matter experts on technical task force, which resolves complex PeopleSoft, Maximo, and other application problems; identifies causes, common elements, and solutions; and recommends corrections to deficiencies. Such task forces are typically composed of Accounting/Budget, IT, and other Authority staff and/or contractors.
- Implements the Authority's cost allocation plan in the financial systems to insure proper allocation of expenses to the Authority's cost centers in compliance with expense restrictions in customer contracts, budget projections and Federal Transportation Administration (FTA)'s guidelines.
- Directs, manages, and supervises subordinate staff to include recommending applicant selection, disciplinary actions, resolution of grievances, assigning duties, directing work, approving leave requests and time sheets, and ensuring appropriate subordinate training is provided. Establishes and monitors work plans for subordinates against which they will be measured. Conducts performance evaluation of subordinates based upon plan objectives. Ensures subordinate work assignments are complete and meet production deadlines.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job Descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.