Job Title: Sr. Counsel, Employment
Reporting To: Vice President, Legal
Location: Santa Monica, CA
We’re looking for a Senior Counsel to join Activision Blizzard! Working with our Legal team and reporting to the Vice President, Legal, Employment & Benefits, you’ll provide strategic advice and legal counsel regarding employment, benefits, and labor law issues. Working from our Santa Monica, CA headquarters, you will partner closely with other attorneys, Human Resources, and cross-functional partners and colleagues.
- Provide counseling, advice, and day-to-day support for Human Resources in the United States.
- Develop and implement employment policies (including hiring practices, performance management, employee relations, internal investigations, terminations, leaves of absence, accommodations, wage and hour, compensation, benefits, and unionization) to ensure best practices and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, to provide strategic, business-oriented employment law guidance for successful execution of company initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources team to generate and implement training on HR and employment law topics.
- Provide legal guidelines and support regarding the company’s contingent workforce and agency workers Investigate and respond to federal and state administrative complaints (including EEOC and local agency charges).
- Manage workplace investigations and litigation related to employment matters. Support merger and acquisition transactions and related integration of employees.
- Supporting diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Draft and revise employment-related agreements (including executive employment agreements, offer letters, confidentiality and intellectual property agreements, and separation agreements).
- J.D. from a nationally recognized law school
- Membership in at least one state bar (CA preferred)
- 6-9 years of experience practicing California and federal employment law, including counseling and litigation experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Analytical skills with demonstrated strategic thinking and risk analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Great business judgment with a commitment to teamwork, integrity, and collegiality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Flexible and willing to approach legal challenges with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Prior law firm experience as well as in-house experience at a U.S. multinational company highly preferred
- Experience advising on benefits is also preferred
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies To Work For®” for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.