Provides legal counsel to Xcel Energy and its subsidiaries and manages outside counsel. Handles routine legal matters with minimal assistance from other attorneys, assists other attorneys with complex legal matters.
Essential Responsibilities Percent of Time
- Prepares or reviews routine contracts, pleadings, briefs and other documents.
- Provides counsel to Xcel Energy employees on legal, business, legislation, regulation and strategic matters.
- Provides opinions on policy questions and legal implications of Xcel Energy operations.
- Provides leadership and counsel to business partners on retail electric and gas matters.
- Drafts and reviews applications and testimony to include filings on rate recovery, resource planning, and the roll-out of new products and programs;
- Represents Xcel Energy before the Colorado Public Utilities Commission and other agency bodies.
- May act as a primary point of contact for certain business areas and external partners.
- Juris Doctorate degree from ABA accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice in the state in which the position is located.
- 3-6 years of practice in corporate law department, law firm, government practice or equivalent legal experience.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required.