WHO WE SEEK
A Corporate Counsel to join our established legal team in the Buckhead/Atlanta office.
The Corporate Counsel is responsible for assisting in contracts administration, conducting due diligence, assisting with corporate governance matters, and handling other legal and administrative matters as the business requires.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING
- Assist in conducting acquisition-related due diligence and administering closings
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts
- Assist with public company compliance obligations, including securities law filings
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including maintenance of corporate records and preparation of materials for board meetings
- Manage and/or complete a wide variety of other miscellaneous legal projects as the business may otherwise require
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant General Counsel.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- JD. degree from an ABA accredited Law school.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Active bar membership in at least one U.S. state or Washington, D.C., or bar membership expected within six (6) months.
- Must possess a strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize and follow through on numerous projects at once.
- Must be proficient in multiple software programs, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to managements’ directions accurately.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under normal or heavy distractions.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and or stressful conditions.
- Must maintain a professional and clean appearance at all times consistent with company standards.