What you’ll do:
- Provide practical legal advice and support across all business functions, including marketing, business development, product management, HR, software/engineering, litigation, intellectual property, and real estate.
- Serve as a primary commercial/contracts attorney for all teams, providing support for a variety of agreements including NDAs, day-to-day operational and marketing agreements, strategic and promotional partnerships, software and service agreements, and agency agreements and releases.
- Stay up-to-date and keep legal and other functional teams advised on laws and regulations dealing with privacy, online/mobile advertising, securities, food/safety, and consumer protection in order to better support commercial transactions and business operations.
- Develop, manage and improve company form and template agreements and contract processes & procedures to increase efficiency and scalability of legal support.
- Assist with management & implementation of company equity incentive plan & contribute to related processes and procedures.
- Research complex and nuanced legal issues; create, update and maintain actionable guidelines and best practices.
- Assist CFO to manage corporate governance functions
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations through the development and implementation of compliance programs appropriate for our stage of development and scale of activities.
- Conduct periodic employee trainings & presentations on relevant legal and compliance issues.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies.
- Manage outside counsel
Who you are:
- J.D. with exceptional academic credentials.
- Must be admitted, active and in good standing with the New York State bar, or with another state bar and registered, or eligible to register, as in-house counsel with the State of New York.
- 5-10 years of relevant corporate law experience, ideally a combination of law firm and in-house
- Experience with the implementation and development of an initial in-house legal department at a startup or law firm experience working directly with venture-backed startups.
- Experience and confidence independently drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements, including vendor, supplier, procurement, shipping, marketing, advertising, promotional, business development, master services, license, technology, confidentiality, employment, stockholder, securities and other operational and commercial agreements
- Results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency and a good time- and people-management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Confident ability to convey legal advice clearly and effectively to non-legal colleagues plus excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with employees at all levels.
- Passionate about food and technology and energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic, hyper-growth company.
- Strong and astute negotiator with impeccable judgment based on industry knowledge and experience.
- Able to simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent legal and practical judgment with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build close relationships with personnel at supported business operations and obtain and maintain a strong knowledge of the products and objectives of those operations.
- Unlimited Daily Harvest to keep you hustling, not hangry
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible time-off policy
About Daily Harvest:
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers’ doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, and Refinery29, and garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, and Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We’re constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn’t be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.