Provides legal counsel to Xcel Energy and its subsidiaries and manages outside counsel. Regularly handles routine legal matters without assistance from other attorneys and trends toward handling a significant number of complex matters without assistance.
Essential Responsibilities Percent of Time
- Prepares complex contracts, pleadings, briefs, and other legal documents for business transactions or legal proceedings.
- Provides counsel to Xcel Energy management on legal, business, legislation, regulation and strategic matters.
- Provides opinions on policy questions and legal implications of Xcel Energy operations.
- Provides leadership and counsel to business partners on retail electric and gas matters;
- Drafts and reviews applications and testimony to include filings on rate recovery, resource planning, and the roll-out of new products and programs;
- Represents Xcel Energy before the Colorado Public Utilities Commission and other agency bodies.
- May act as a primary point of contact for certain business areas and external partners.
- Juris Doctorate degree from ABA accredited law school.
- 6-10 years of practice in corporate law department, law firm, government practice or equivalent legal experience.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with State Regulatory law experience.