Netflix is the world’s leading internet television network and with more than 148 million paid subscribers in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more. As Netflix continues to grow and expand, we are looking for an experienced, highly-organized, and detail-oriented candidate to join the Data Privacy and Security legal team to provide support on privacy and data security compliance matters. The position is in our Los Gatos, CA office but we will consider Los Angeles for the right candidate. The position will report to the Director of Data Privacy and Security primarily partnering with our Security teams, and will work in an ongoing and collaborative way with relevant Legal, Security and Public Policy groups in carrying out her or his responsibilities.
This candidate will advance compliance with privacy, data protection and security laws in a balanced, risk-based manner that allows our business to grow and expand, drawing on knowledge and experience with specific government/industry requirements and best practices. The position will support investigations, breach notification, incident management and adapt compliance practices proactively. The candidate will need to develop deep functional understanding of Netflix’s data assets and information flows across the company as well as our use of analytics.
Desired Skills and Experience
At least 5+ years’ experience handling complex privacy, data protection and security legal and policy issues with excellence. Experience in the entertainment and/or technology industries, as well as in-house legal work, is a plus.
This position also requires, at a minimum, the following experience and personal skills:
- Active membership in at least one U.S. state bar; California Bar admission preferred
- Strong substantive knowledge of US privacy and security laws as well as a working knowledge of international privacy and data protection laws
- Substantial experience supporting security teams preferred increase process efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical advice to clients
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues, particularly in a fast-paced corporate setting
- Strong collaborative leadership skills
- A sense of humor