If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people – whether you’re a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We’re big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you’ll get lost in the crowd.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all operations and activities essential to the prompt, reasonable, and just conclusion of all Liquor Liability and General Liability commercial claims and bonds.
- Assist in handling of extracontractual claims arising out of claims handling brought against the Company.
- Coordinate and cooperate with all departments and outside representatives to ensure that the policies and objectives of the Claims Department and the company are achieved.
- Oversee, examine and direct the handling of all Liquor Liability and General Liability commercial claims.
- Assist in handling extracontractual claims arising out of claims handling brought against the Company.
- Keep appropriate Claims personnel fully informed on serious claim/legal problems, legislation and critical new legal decisions.
- Adhere to overall best claim management practices and Claims Excellence Program standards including but not limited to, timely coverage determination and claim investigation, reserve development, litigation management and claim resolution.
- Perform legal research and assist in handling litigation directly against the Company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
JD/LLB degree who has also passed the State Bar examination.
2 years; insurance claims experience very valuable.
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner’s insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union membership
- Employees’ Club
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.