This position is in the Freedom of lnformation Act (FOIA) Branch. This position is responsible for processing requests and administrative appeals made to the Agency pursuant to the FOIA, providing legal research and advice regarding requests and appeals, and providing advice on the operations of the FOIA program and Agency FOIA policies.
The incumbent will be responsible for performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Researching, analyzing, and applying pertinent statutes, judicial decisions, administrative regulations and decisions to less complex legal issues/cases;
- Researching, analyzing and recommending the disclosure or withholding of Agency records or information in response to requests made under the FOIA and the review of administrative appeals of FOIA determinations;
- Preparing written responses to FOIA requests and appeals to include the analysis and application of FOIA exemptions;
- Applying exemptions in accordance with the Agency’s disclosure policies and the practices in disclosing records; and
- Other duties as assigned.