We are seeking a Contract Manager/Counsel to assist in the execution of all North American legal matters. Working under the direction of the General Counsel, this individual will provide a wide range of contract management support with respect to global contract and employment law servicing the North American region.
What will you be doing?
- Preparing, drafting, and processing basic contracts and other legal documents
- Conducting legal, general, and factual research
- Organizing and tracking legal filings
- Managing, tracking, and reporting status of new contracts and amendments to ensure timely execution
- Providing support for personnel-related matters
- Assisting with special projects
- Developing and managing a contracts process for expirations, renewals, terminations, term escalators, and other key recurring milestone events
- Maintaining communication with internal stakeholders, outside counsel and third parties
OK, I’m interested… is this the job for me?
We look for people who value agility, passion and teamwork; those who can bring fresh ideas to the table and want the opportunity to learn, grow, and expand their careers. Bring your aptitude and build upon what you do best at for our customers, partners, team, and you.
Other qualities you’ll need to be a fit for this role include:
- Undergraduate degree required; law degree is a plus (required for Counsel)
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in contract and employment law and corporate operations
- Experience at a technology or SaaS company is a plus
- Experience reviewing, analyzing, and drafting legal documents
- Ability to actively manage multiple matters simultaneously, among a variety of practice areas
- Ability to identify and analyze complex legal issues, and elevate as appropriate
- Ability to take ownership of projects from inception to successful conclusion
- Ability to work independently under high pressure situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including prioritization and time management
- Ability to synthesize complex sets of issues and propose paths forward
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- Ability to deal confidently with internal business leadership and external customers at all organizational levels