As Corporate Counsel at Gemini, you are the ultimate general athlete. Leveraging both breadth and depth of experience at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel, you will help Gemini build a nimble, innovative legal organization tasked with tackling complex legal challenges within a disruptive emerging asset class. By navigating unprecedented legal complexities across Engineering, Business Development, Security, Marketing & Communications, and People Operations, you’ll play a critical role in defining our business at the forefront of the future of money as a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian.
- Creatively advise engineering, product, compliance, and other business teams on a variety of legal topics, including privacy, financial products and markets, consumer protection, marketing, intellectual property security and the general legal framework for developer ecosystems and consumer-facing platforms.
- Draft and negotiate contracts relating to exchange and custodian services, as well as advise on unprecedented compliance and regulatory issues.
- Build positive and influential relationships with Leadership, product teams, and client-facing teams, evangelizing the Legal team’s services across the company.
- Handle corporate governance matters and manage processes, policies, and formalities associated with Gemini’s status as a regulated trust company.
- Collaborate with and support the General Counsel and the rest of the Legal team to evaluate and communicate legal risks to internal stakeholders and external parties.
- JD degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant legal experience at a law firm or in-house
- Fluency in English
- Strong knowledge of and interest in disruptive technology, financial services, or security; prior experience working in fintech or advancements in digital payments a plus.
- Proven ability to proactively, efficiently, and accurately assess legal business risks in a fast-paced environment.
- Track record of creative problem-solving, excellent written and oral communication skills, and creation of strong and trusted cross-functional relationships.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events