The Opportunity at Komodo Health
We’re looking for a Contracts Counsel with experience in SaaS contract issues and transactions to be the “founder” of our legal team here at Komodo. As the founding member of the team, you will lead development of our legal processes, advise leaders across the business, and make a significant impact on Komodo’s rapid growth. This is a great opportunity if you have a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills, and want to make an impact on the healthcare industry.
We have offices in both San Francisco and New York City, and we are looking for candidates in both locations. Your manager is located in San Francisco.
As our first in-house counsel you will…
- Draft, negotiate, and close SaaS commercial contracts with our clients and partners, such as MSAs, subscription agreements, professional services agreements, data usage agreements, etc.
- Review other legal agreements on an ad-hoc basis in addition to commercial contracts.
- Work closely with our Deal Desk team to drive deals to conclusion and provide training to the team as required on contract negotiations
- Work cross-functionally across the organization to build approval and support for special contractual terms
- Lead and drive development of our entire contracts lifecycle, including contract templates, standard methodology processes, playbooks, and automation
- Negotiate contracts and business terms directly with clients
- Assist with privacy, patenting, and trademarking initiatives
- Someone with 5+ years of commercial legal experience, ideally with experience at both a law firm and in-house experience at a SaaS company; experience with healthcare a plus
- Someone with a JD and Bar membership in CA or NY
- Experienced with enterprise-level SaaS subscription software license agreements and professional services agreements, revenue recognition terms, and contracts lifecycle processes; experience with data privacy terms and usage standards a plus
- Able to distill and communicate the highest-priority information to executives and other non-lawyers
- A strong negotiator with uncompromising attention to detail
- A resourceful, proactive self-starter, able to drive follow through and context switch across multiple different projects at different stages
- Service-oriented and not above rolling up your sleeves to solve any problem across the company
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Your choice of equipment set-up (computer, monitor, and accessories)
- Flexible hours and unlimited vacation days policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Awesome team and culture
- Great office locations in New York City and San Francisco