Provide intellectual property legal support for adidas, including performing legal trademark clearance, interacting with business clients, outside providers and partners, and providing other support as needed. <
- Counsel and perform clearance for marketing businesses, including reviewing copy, advertisements, digital marketing content, and creative around events and activations.
- Perform design and trademark clearance and research on trademark and other intellectual property issues, including attendance at line reviews.<
- Counsel the businesses on trademarks, graphics, and product designs (including compliance with internal trademark guidelines).<
- Provide education and proactive counseling to the business to minimize risks and enhance intellectual property protection.<
- Support compliance with trademark and other intellectual property aspects of licenses, sports marketing contracts and other agreements.<
- Support creation of contracts and issues arising out of same as needed.<
- Support defense of claims and litigation.
- Legal team
- Business clients, partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in trademarks and copyright<
- Ability to provide strong customer service, demonstrate understanding of client’s needs and willingness to serve<
- Ability to work in a fast paced department; ability to manage tight timelines<
- Proficient in the internet<
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, a must
- Self motivated; ability to work independently and with initiative but can also work as a team.
- Strong skills in research and investigation
- Law degree and bar admission
- 3-5 years law firm or in-house experience practicing in trademarks.