Tesla is seeking a skilled attorney to join our dynamic Legal team. In the Legal Counsel, Litigation role, you will support Tesla in all forms of consumer litigation related to both energy and auto products and services. This will include a large consumer docket, including negotiating resolutions for pre-litigations demands, lawsuits, and arbitrations, as well as advising the business on reducing and mitigating litigation risk. This position is part of a specialized team that is dedicated to single-plaintiff, consumer cases in pre-litigation and mostly in state court, small claims or arbitration forums. This position is located in our Fremont, CA.
– Develop and drive Tesla’s strategy for the growing consumer docket.
– Represent Tesla and manage outside counsel in lawsuits, arbitrations, mediations, and other proceedings. – Negotiate resolutions of pre-litigation disputes.
– Identify areas of potential litigation ore regulatory risk and counsel the business to minimize exposure in consumer litigation (any litigation related to a customer or consumer).
– Supervise and manage outside counsel and closely monitor legal expenses.
– 5+ years’ litigation experience, preferably handling a large, mostly autonomous docket with direct client handling skills. Insurance defense experience is a plus.
– J.D. with excellent academic credentials.
– Evidence of exceptional ability and resourcefulness, as well as developed and mature litigation instinct.
– Excellent analytical and writing skills are a must.
– Business-savvy, creative approach to problem-solving.
– Strong technology interest and aptitude.
– Desire to work independently and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.