Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 60 days of the closing date.
Be part of a dynamic, self-supporting Federal agency with an 82-year record of supporting U.S. export-related jobs and over $8 billion in export sales in 2016. This position is located in the Office of the General Counsel (OGC) of the Export-Import Bank and will serve as a Senior Attorney-Advisor, providing significant legal experience and support on all aspects of administrative law.
At the full performance level, duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides advice and assistance to the General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel and other senior officials at the Bank with minimal immediate supervision on complex and important legal questions, with very wide latitude for the Attorney-Advisor’s independent judgment and decision-making.
- Advises Bank’s management on a broad range of legal issues, including governance, litigation and legislative matters.
- Represents the Bank in its capacity as employer in appeals before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Merit Systems Protection Board, and arbitrators.
- Develops agency specific advice to OGC management and policy-makers in many aspects of administrative law issues.
- Possesses well-developed technical skills in legal reasoning, oral and written communications, drafting and review of documents, negotiation, and the ability to effectively work with senior level personnel inside the bank to include outside federal agencies and the private sectors.
- Reviews agency responses to FOIA request with special emphasis on trade secret exemptions.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.