You will serve as a Supervisory Attorney Advisor for the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA), Processing and Disbursement Center – PDC in Fort Worth, Texas. This position is responsible for supervising subordinate Attorney Advisors and support staff performing disaster related loan processing for businesses and individuals.
As a Supervisory Attorney Advisor at the GS-0905-13, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Coordinate Account Department legal activities with all other sections of the Processing Disbursement Center (PDC) to assure smooth and timely file flow between departments; as directed, coordinate with other SBA offices and agencies involved in disaster assistance.
- Monitor and evaluate home, business, and economic injury disaster loans for compliance with all statutory, regulatory, and administrative guidelines.
- Analyze departmental legal performance and identify problems in all phases of the operation and recommend corrective actions.
- Assure effective inter-and intra-department communications and resolve disagreements among subordinates.
- Ensure that all information provided to loan applicants by department is accurate and consistent.
- Serve as a supervisor to legal staff such as attorney-advisors, paralegal specialists, and other legal support staff.
- This is an Excepted Service Cadre position with a full-time seasonal work schedule. Depending on the level of disaster activity, you may be placed in a non-duty status if there is insufficient work. However, this would be very unusual and has not occurred in numerous years.
Occasional travel – On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.