This position will join our team supporting our PBM Sales and Account Management organization. Duties will consist primarily of counseling the organization on legal matters relating to the PBM industry and operations and negotiating PBM agreements between Express Scripts and external clients (health plans, government entities and employer groups/labor unions).
- Negotiate complex legal documents, including PBM client agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and data protection agreements directly with external clients and their counsel.
- Provide day-to-day legal counseling on miscellaneous regulatory issues affecting the PBM industry.
- Provide legal support to the Sales and Account Management organization and other internal business partners supporting PBM clients (finance, audit, etc.).
- Think strategically with partners from other areas of the business to advise on new business offerings, identify legal or regulatory challenges and present effective solutions.
- Work with other internal legal counsel to identify legal issues with potential cross-functional impact.
- Law degree from an accredited school of law with a license to practice law in the State of Missouri (or ability to become licensed in Missouri within a reasonable time period).
- 1-3 years contracting experience; health care industry experience a plus but not required.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; ability to think strategically and advise the company on new product offerings.
- Superior writing and drafting skills a must.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with clients and internal business partners, both verbally and in writing.
- Must produce top quality work product, have good attention to detail, organizational skills, the ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.