Proactively partner with the International Car Wash Group (ICWG) as a key legal and business advisor who identifies opportunities, balances risks and returns, and problem solves, while limiting legal liability and exposure to drive profitability of the business, manage and protect the company’s assets and brand image, and maximize returns. This position reports to the General Counsel of ICWG and will focus on corporate regulatory compliance, accident and employment claims including litigation.
- Participate in management policy and business deliberations and clearly communicate how legal issues will affect business operations and recommend strategies to manage legal risk and take advantage of opportunities.
- Provide legal and business input on all aspects of day to day operations employment law, litigation and risk management, and corporate governance and compliance.
- Work with Regional Vice Presidents of Operations, Human Resources and Safety Departments.
- Assist with corporate governance programs, legal reports and other statements of a legal nature.
- Assist with risk management; direct policies and practice on ongoing risk reduction across the company, efficient liability litigation and claims resolution, and workers compensation and property claim handling.
- Assist in commercial transactions including acquisitions and sale leaseback.
- Create, implement and oversee corporate and compliance policies.
- Bachelor’s degree; J.D. law degree required.
- Licensed to practice law in U.S.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of legal experience, including employment law, regulatory compliance and litigation preferably in-house.
- Experience within a highly competitive, multi-unit and/or retail environment.
- Legal Experience: A well trained corporate/commercial lawyer with broad legal experience and demonstrated success working on issues relating to environmental, employment, regulatory and compliance matters.
- Influencing Ability: Ability to influence major decisions through reasoned analysis and business understanding; demonstrated presence and stature with an ego that is well in check; and, demonstrated nuanced ability to collaborate with and influence members at all levels of the company
- Leadership Experience: Demonstrate the ability to take the lead, in a positive way with management and department leaders; to proactively partner with business leaders to collaborate and resolve challenges.
- Problem Solving: Superior intellect with a high capacity for managing complexity, analyzing and synthesizing financial and other business information and making aggressive, fast paced business decisions.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills. Ability to convey ideas in a meaningful way and secure commitment and support from others at all levels of the company.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communications. The ability to collaboratively sell strategies throughout the organization generating excitement, enthusiasm and commitment.