About the Position:
Huntsville is high-tech city between the edge of the Appalachian Mountains in North Alabama and the Tennessee River. The area has one of the largest research parks in the U.S. and the technical community has access to undergraduate and graduate curricula of several excellent engineering universities. It is home to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, championship golf courses, museums, professional theater, symphony, sport franchises .
- Provides acquisition policy guidance, counsel and support to high priority services and project managed major missile or aircraft systems of extraordinary complexity.
- Serves as a key member of the project team in planning sessions, staff meetings, briefings and other activities providing full legal advice and support associated with all planning, contracting, protests, and associated legal matters.
- Directs and executes defense of all litigation pertaining to contract on protests to the Comptroller General, or Agency.
- Furnishes legal advice on foreign military sales and international cooperation relating to the project.
- Responsible for legal continuity and management implications for the effort from early planning throughout the acquisitions functions of the procurement.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.