This Mid-level position includes supporting the Assistant General Counsel, Litigation and Employment, and Assistant General Counsel, Digital and Compliance, on various employment and compliance related initiatives, including fielding and resolving day to day inquiries from HR, managing and conducting ethics and compliance training, conducting investigations into ethics complaints, and supporting the Legal Department with other projects and initiatives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provides guidance and support to Human Resources with everyday questions and issues (e.g., FMLA, ADA, leaves of absence, wage & hour; employee relations issues, etc.).
· Investigates and recommends resolution for internal complaints, including those raised though the Company’s reporting hotline.
· Keeps current on ever changing state and federal laws related to the employee/employer relationship (e.g., paid sick leave; prior wage history; criminal history inquiries; etc.), and informs and counsels Human Resources on same.
· Develops and conducts live training on various topics including harassment; cultural sensitivity; business ethics; etc.
· Manages reporting hotline and online ethics and compliance training program.
· Audits compliance with company processes and training initiatives.
· Assists on ethics and risk management reporting to global headquarters.
· Collaborates with Human Resources to provide updates to Company’s employee handbook and other policies and procedures.
· Drafts and negotiates employment related agreements, and assists with contract review/negotiation for other commercial agreements as needed.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
· Assistant General Counsel, Litigation
· Assistant General Counsel, Digital and Compliance
· Other Legal Department Members
· Human Resources
Qualifications & Competencies:
· Minimum 3-5 years law firm or in-house counsel experience, with focus on employment law, investigations, and compliance.
· Law Degree.
· Bar Admission.
· Possess organizational, oral and written communication skills, and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
· Ability to be pro-active and solution-oriented, and work independently with minimal supervision.
· Possess critical and strategic thinking to arrive at practical solutions.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.