WestRock is seeking to hire an experienced professional with significant information technology experience, including from a procurement perspective, as IT Counsel. The IT Counsel will work closely with senior advisors supporting the chief information officer’s department in its strategic procurement activities. Also, the IT Counsel will collaborate cross functionally and with other legal department attorneys in developing and implementing strategies to reduce WestRock’s global cybersecurity risk. This is a challenging and fulfilling opportunity to assume the lead legal role in a growing organization’s best in class IT function.
How you will impact WestRock
• Providing trusted advisor support to the CIO, other IT personnel, including the contracting team and cyber security experts
• Reviewing, drafting and negotiating procurement and supply chain agreements, including sourcing, supply, technology acquisition, in-bound technology licensing, outsourced services, and information security agreements
• Researching and advising on matters relevant to the company’s business, including general corporate compliance and contracting
• Ensuring compliance with the company’s legal, financial and risk management policies and procedures
• Preparing and delivering presentations to employees on legal topics of interest; and
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
The ideal candidate will –
• Have at least seven years of complex technology and commercial transaction experience, including, supporting a multinational organization’s IT procurement team, whether in house or with a prominent law firm.
• Have strong academic credentials, including a Juris Doctorate degree, from a prominent accredited law school.
• Be able to prioritize large deal volume in a practical business environment.
• Strong negotiating skills in high stakes strategic transactions.
• Be an exceptional communicator, able to build relationships and deal effectively across functional lines.
• Be a proactive self-starter who is comfortable identifying IT issues, forming and proposing solutions, and following through to ensure proper reporting and implementation.
• Have familiarity with international transactions and issues.
• A demonstrated ability to effectively influence and motivate others along with strong collaboration and project management skills
Special Job Characteristics
• High personal standards of excellence and capacity to learn rapidly
• Excellent research, analytical and decision-making skills
• Capable of handling sensitive information in the strictest of confidence
• Adaptability to work with different personalities and changing priorities
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work