What You’ll Do
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced lawyer or professional contracts negotiator located in the U.S. to join the Service Provider Legal Team. As Sr Corporate Counsel you will structure, draft and negotiate complex agreements with our most strategic US SP Channels partners for the purchase of hardware, software and services for resale, including cloud and managed services. This includes the ability to efficiently identify and resolve issues presented by partner paper, including competition law issues across various jurisdictions. You will serve as an escalation point and SME for the channels programs. You will have an understanding of the structure of Cisco’s channel programs, various channel partner program certifications, partner roles, benefits and obligations and advise on compliance issues associated with the terms of our programs.
You’ll be a trusted advisor to the Channels sales leadership team and ensure focus and prioritization of key deals, including serving as lead legal negotiator to bring those deals to timely closure. You will participate as a member of the SP Channels VP or Director’s extended leadership team by attending staff calls, providing input on business and contracting strategies, being a first point of contact on all legal issues and providing ongoing business counseling.
You will work cross-functionally with other team members and a diverse array of subject matter experts to support and lead all aspects of the legal sales relationship for your SP channel partners.
Who You’ll Work With
This role supports US Service Provider (SP) Channels, to include some of the most strategic and the largest partners. In this role, you’ll provide legal support for the Channels team and become a subject matter expert (SME) in Cisco’s channels programs, including the Cloud & Managed Services Program (CMSP). Previous SP channels or cloud and managed services experience is strongly preferred, but we will consider standout applicants without this experience who otherwise demonstrate a strong dedication to customer service in every interaction, the ability to identify, digest and vigilantly eliminate unnecessary complexity (whether it’s in the form of dense contract language or a needlessly byzantine organizational process), comfort navigating complex and new issues where answers are not readily available, a hunger to develop expertise in a new area, and fearlessness about deep diving in order to develop this expertise. Demonstrated extraordinary client and customer management skills are a requirement for this role. You will be part of an elite group of legal professionals in an environment that rewards pragmatism, creative thinking and innovative solutions to business and legal issues.
Who You Are
You have superior customer service, organization, and interpersonal skills and are confident dealing directly with all levels of management and with customers. Strong knowledge of cloud computing, data privacy and security, software licensing and XaaS, outsourcing or managed services agreements are all strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience practicing law or in contract management or negotiation role with meaningful experience structuring, drafting and negotiating complex products and services agreements and a consistent track record of handling such transactions.
- Firm understanding of intellectual property, commercial contracts, business and antitrust law as applied to channel operations and programs.
- A record of accomplishment of successfully handling complex contractual negotiations and challenging customers, partners and sales staff in a business effective manner, with a demonstrated ability to pragmatically balance risk and reward to achieve business outcomes.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills, including decisiveness on both legal and business issues with willingness to collaborate, share knowledge and respond to urgent matters and execute immediately.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and break down new, novel and complex issues, business models and contracting approaches and present these to others in a clear and concise manner.