ELC (Estée Lauder Companies) is a global leader in prestige beauty that delights consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. They are the only company focused solely on prestige makeup, skin care, fragrance and hair care with a diverse portfolio of 25+ brands sold in 150 countries. Infused throughout their organization is a passion for creativity and innovation; a desire to push the boundaries and invent the unexpected.
The Assistant Counsel II will be part of a legal team responsible for providing privacy and data security legal advice and support to Brands and corporate functions within The Estee Lauder Companies.
- Counsel and support the Company on all privacy and data security issues in connection with the development and implementation of technology, products and services
- Advise on the requirements of, and compliance with, federal and state privacy and information security laws (including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018), as well as federal and state government investigations and enforcement actions for alleged data security and privacy violations.
- Draft, negotiate and review complex information privacy, confidentiality and security contractual provisions with third party vendors, including data transfer agreements.
- Assist with cybersecurity and data breach incident response, including preparation of required notifications pursuant to breach notification law.
- Draft privacy and information security policies, procedures, notices and consents for compliance with privacy and security laws.
- Evaluate potential privacy risks, and draft and negotiate agreements in connection with potential acquisitions.
- Coordinate with outside counsel in international markets to advise clients on privacy and security matters.
- Work closely with the Chief Privacy Officer on Privacy Compliance Program.
- Strong experience advising on global privacy and data security matters
- Ability to work well under pressure, with excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to prioritize workload and adapt to changing conditions
- Experience within the cosmetics, retail or consumer products industry, not required but desirable
- Position requires 6+ relevant experience.
- Member of the New York State Bar
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), not required but a plus