Outstanding opportunity to join an exciting, innovative, and disruptive medical device company. Accelerate Diagnostics, Inc. (“Accelerate”
or “Company”) is seeking to fill the role of General Counsel. Reporting to Chief Executive Officer, the General Counsel is the senior legal officer of the
Company, with overall responsibility for the vision and leadership of the Company’s global legal strategy and services. The General Counsel will possess
mature business judgment and an ability to meld sound legal counsel with a clear understanding of business imperatives, while balancing legal risk and
compliance throughout the organization. A member of the Company’s senior management team, the General Counsel will serve as legal counsel and strategic
advisor to the Company’s executive team and Board of Directors.
· Lead and build out the Company’s legal function in support of corporate strategic plans business objectives.
· Provide sound legal advice on all issues affecting existing and future Company business, including development of legal strategies to support business initiatives.
· Advise on SEC filings in partnership with the Finance team.
· Advise on and negotiate complex legal transactions, including business development and M&A activities.
· Oversee the drafting, review, and negotiation of a wide variety of commercial agreements, including procurement, sales and marketing, research collaboration, licensing, and material transfer agreements.
· Supervise and actively participate in the legal protection of all intellectual property on a global basis, including management of the architecture and development of Accelerate’s IP strategy.
· Select, evaluate, and manage effective, timely and cost efficient outside legal counsel services and expert advisors as needed.
· Counsel internal stakeholders on applicable laws and regulations, while staying abreast of relevant changes in the law, legislative
developments, and industry best practices.
· Advise Human Resources on executive compensation, benefits and employment law matters to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance.
· Assist and counsel on financing and tax issues, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities.
· Manage all Company litigation, legal claims and disputes.
· Maintain responsibility for and manage all aspects of the ethics and corporate compliance function of the Company.
· Strategic partner in corporate governance, including risk management, activist investors, and executive compensation matters.
· J.D. from an accredited national law school and an admitted member in good standing of any state bar in the United States. Admission to practice before the USPTO is a plus.
· At least 15 years of legal experience within the biotechnology and/or technology industries, gained ideally through a combination of law firm training and in-house experience in roles of increasing scope and responsibility.
· Advanced degree in chemistry, microbiology, pharmacology and/or engineering is a strong plus.
· Demonstrated leadership, with ability to balance legal and business considerations, multi-task, problem-solve and operate in fast-paced and rapid growth environments.
· Experience with complex commercial and business development transactions (including contract drafting and negotiations) and IP licensing.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively as a trusted advisor to senior business leaders and other professionals and colleagues at all levels of an organization while utilizing excellent business and legal judgment in complex situations.
· Strong, pragmatic problem solving, critical thinking, and business acumen with the ability to be adaptable and flexible in his/her approach and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high-energy environment.
· Capacity to take on significant work volume. Responsive and focused on rapid turnaround times.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Advocacy and negotiating skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively and as a member of a team and to inspire and mentor others.
· Strong emotional intelligence, including the ability to empathize with colleagues and stakeholders, and an effective listener and relationship-builder with positive focus.
· Unquestioned integrity, credibility, professionalism and judgment.
· Curiosity and an enthusiastic willingness to gain a deep understanding of Company business and industry trends.