Job Location: Hackensack, NJ
Role Value Proposition:
In Legal Affairs, we strive to attract, develop and retain diverse talent with the potential to be future leaders of our department and of MetLife as a whole. We seek legal and compliance professionals who demonstrate high intellectual capacity to understand complex matters facing our company, combined with strong leadership competencies to motivate and inspire higher performance by all our professionals. We take an active role in developing the skills of our talent and guiding their professional growth. By promoting skill development and career advancement for our professionals we are better positioned to serve our internal business partners and to help achieve MetLife’s vision of becoming a world-class leader in the insurance, retirement savings and employee benefits industries.
- Handle a case load of 75 files
- Attend Depositions, Arbitrations, Oral Argument of motions and Trials
- Prepare correspondence, pleadings, motions, and various reporting requirements to claims department
- Meeting with Clients and Claims representatives to discuss various aspects of the litigation process
- Follow the reporting guidelines in place
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 6-10 years of experience as an attorney in the Insurance Defense Field
- 10+ jury trials
- License to practice law in NJ
- Ability to handle a large caseload from inception to Trial
- Extensive Deposition, Arbitration and Motions experience
- Willingness to cover matters from Middlesex County and North
- Experience in dealing with an insurance company claims department
- PIP experience a plus
- Insurance Defense House Counsel Experience a plus
Travel to local courts. On a daily basis in order to cover various proceedings from Middlesex County and North.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.