Aspect Management Corporation, an independent, privately-owned and highly entrepreneurial oil and gas company, has built global success through innovation, creativity, and diversity in perspective. For over 25 years Aspect has engaged in exploration, investment, and development activities primarily in North America and Europe.
We are seeking a focused, determined transactional attorney to fill the position of Senior Attorney. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently, manage multiple projects concurrently, and develop resourceful and creative solutions to solve business issues. Candidates must have meaningful transactional experience drafting deal documents and negotiating terms. Oil and gas experience is a significant benefit but not required. The position is based in downtown Denver, Colorado.
If you are interested in joining an innovative, collaborative, and fast-paced team, we invite you to apply for this position.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a diverse range of transactional agreements, including letters of intent, international and domestic Joint Operating Agreements, international concessions, licenses and production share agreements, domestic mineral leases and purchases, farm-ins, farm-outs, etc.
- Review, draft, negotiate and lead due diligence on domestic and international corporate mergers, asset acquisitions, divestitures, confidentiality agreements, and AMI’s
- Investigate, research, and provide legal guidance on all corporate and strategic transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, inter-company relationships, complex commercial agreements and other issues and circumstances which arise in the company’s day-to-day business activities.
- Identify and analyze legal issues and risks, introduce business savvy and strategic legal advice to ensure compliance with issues facing the company.
- Keep up-to-date on industry related laws and regulations to identify change and incorporate into policies, procedures, and transactions.
- The position will require occasional travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree and J.D. from an ABA accredited school.
- 5 to 10 years’ relevant experience in-house and with a strong regional and/or national law firm