Microsoft has an immediate opening for a dynamic, highly-motivated and experienced attorney to join our U.S. Corporate, External and Legal Affairs (CELA) team in the Global Sales, Marketing and Operations Group. This attorney will primarily support Microsoft’s U.S. Public Sector Federal Sales and Services organization in the sale of cloud computing services, devices, and professional services (product support and consulting). This position will be located in the Washington, D.C. area.
The responsibilities of this position will primarily include:
(1) Drafting, negotiating and advising business clients relative to complex cloud computing, devices, professional services, teaming, non-disclosure and other agreements with the U.S. Government and Microsoft government partners;
(2) Providing strategic advice on U.S. Government commercial item procurements, DoD Other Transaction Agreements (OTAs), GSA Schedule contracts, GWACS, and all other Government acquisition methods, as well as national security procurement matters;
(3) Providing strategic advice and guidance on rapidly changing privacy, cybersecurity, national security, government procurement and other regulatory and policy issues impacting the sale of Microsoft products and services to U.S. Government customers;
(4) Providing other necessary general legal advice and counsel to business clients primarily in the areas of ethics and compliance, antitrust law, intellectual property law, employment law, privacy law, dispute resolution and corporate citizenship;
(5) Providing legal advice and counsel on national security issues, including classified procurement actions and similar matters involving the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense and related organizations.
Candidates should have the following minimum qualifications:
(1) J.D. from an ABA accredited law school with excellent academic credentials and admission to the state bar of at least one U.S. state;
(2) 5-7+ years of experience as a transactional attorney or contracting professional with experience in negotiating U.S. Government cloud computing, software licensing, systems integration, and other complex software-related agreements. Experience in the U.S. Government a plus;
(3) Deep knowledge of and practical experience with FAR, DFARS, commercial item procurement, cybersecurity, ITAR, Trade Agreements Act, national security, small business set asides, small business subcontracting, and other unique U.S. Government requirements;
(4) Security clearance at Top Secret or higher;
(5) Strong analytical and drafting skills;
(6) Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision;
(7) Excellent oral and written communication skills;
(8) Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint; and
(9) Ability to work independently and partner effectively in a team environment.