Nexamp is a leading solar developer, EPC provider and asset manager, with a rapidly expanding national footprint. The position will provide legal support for a variety of Nexamp’s development, real estate, and project finance issues and offers the opportunity to be part of a growing legal department. Additional responsibilities will also include managing outside counsel and driving internal processes surrounding the acquisition, development and construction of solar and storage projects. This role requires a detail-oriented, organized, and energetic self-starting team member with a strong legal background in the area of real estate and title issues.
- Responsible for all legal aspects for the development and construction of solar and storage projects, specifically ensuring our projects are financeable with third-party debt and equity providers.
- Provides dedicated support to the business development team in terms of real estate related issues (including leases, options to lease, land acquisitions, access and utility easements, leasehold mortgages and title policies).
- Supports the development of projects through the construction and financing phases, including preparing construction and subcontractor agreements, revenue or energy offtake agreements, and supports on maintenance and operational agreements.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of contract templates and internal deal processes.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- 3-5 year’s legal experience required, preferably in a law firm setting. Strong experience in real estate and land development issues is required. Specific experience in renewable energy projects is preferred, but candidates with strong backgrounds in general real estate development are also encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work in a highly team-oriented environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously with little supervision.
- Excellent commercial judgment and written and oral communication skills are required.
- Occasional travel may be required.