OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review, the Office of Management and Administration and the Office of Special Reviews. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
As a Supervisory Attorney Advisor, you will:
– Assist the Executive Director and the Deputy Director in planning, conducting, and supervising reviews and special projects.
– Consult with the other Directorates and the Counselor’s Office to coordinate reviews and special projects and plan review strategies and tactics.
– Lead and conduct investigations and address matters involving possible violations of laws and regulations of federal law, including assessing the extent of compliance with government and agency rules and regulations, assessing program support effectiveness and efficiencies, and identifying systemic weaknesses.
– Develop detailed plans, goals and objectives for short and long-range implementation and administration of a variety of investigative activities, including as directed by the IG, Deputy IG, AIGs, Executive Director or Deputy Director.
– Collect, sort, and analyze information from a variety of sources in order to evaluate relevancy and adequacy of facts, and to develop and implement recommended courses of action relating to matters which are the subject of the investigations and reviews being conducted by the Office.
Occasional travel – 1-5 nights a month