The TripActions Legal team is looking for a smart, experienced, empathetic attorney with a passion for company culture to oversee the company’s employment legal needs. This attorney will own employment-related legal advice and support to the People team and the business at large, for both US and global operations. This role is ideal for an experienced employment attorney who is excited by the challenge of building an in-house employment legal function from the ground up.
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter or written statement telling us why you are interested in working at TripActions at this time and in this role.
- Provide intelligent, practical, efficient legal advice to the People team for both exempt and non-exempt workforce, in the US and worldwide
- Design and manage legal process associated with employee hiring, talent management, separation, and disputes
- Provide advice and guidance regarding proper employee classification and local legal obligations across US and global offices
- Collaborate with privacy counsel to understand and implement global employee privacy and data protection requirements
- Select and manage outside legal counsel and other services providers as needed
- Lean in to support the Legal team in other subject matter areas (such as intellectual property, commercial contracts, privacy, and corporate)
- J.D. degree, or international law degree + LLM
- Member of the California bar in good standing
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a practicing attorney is required (though more is welcome)
- Prior experience as an employment attorney in-house at a culture-driven technology company is ideal
- Prior experience managing talent and building teams is a huge plus
- Ability to keep pace with TripActions’ rapid global growth
- Clear, crisp communication skills, exceptional judgment, and a practical, business-minded approach are essential for success in this role