The Associate General Counsel Senior Group Manager is a senior management-level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department to manage and direct day-to-day legal activities in coordination with the Legal team. The overall objective of this role is to provide legal support, advice and guidance across a broad range of practice areas.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, personnel-related matters, as applicable
- Oversee legal activities in a single geographic location, multiple countries and/or over multiple products within a discrete business, such as Investment Banking, Debt Capital Markets, Corporate Law, etc. or over an area of legal expertise such as, Litigation Regulatory, HR, IP, Employment, etc.
- Participate in strategic planning and development and contribute to business objectives by using knowledge of industry, laws and regulations
- Partner with business/functional line management in recommending, developing and executing business initiatives within permissible statutory and regulatory frameworks
- Manage day-to-day legal activities as a subject matter expert in area of responsibility and provide senior advisory services to business partners
- Negotiate, coordinate and monitor management of complex legal issues and make key decisions and provide strategic vision
- Manage day to day legal activities for area of responsibility
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience
- Experience in people management
- Banking or financial industry experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws and practices
- Proven analytical and organizational skills
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bar license in good standing to practice law
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level – All Job FunctionsAll Job Level – All Job Functions – US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.