What You’ll Do:
The role will be a jack of all trades, helping with all sorts of legal and business issues. This will include developing, drafting and negotiating all types of contracts; advising on intellectual property, data privacy, employment and regulatory compliance matters; managing litigation; working on marketing and corporate communications; developing policies and processes; handling general corporate matters; and much more.
- Manage a diverse range of legal business matters pertaining to the organization.
- Provide a variety of general corporate and commercial legal services to a number of in-house clients.
- Work as part of a small (but productive!) legal team – and be the primary legal point of contact within our Bellevue office.
- Clearly and concisely communicate well-reasoned recommendations to business units, always keeping in mind the best interests of the company.
- Develop and suggest innovative solutions on complex legal issues.
What you will bring to the role:
- 7-10 years legal experience, with at least 2+ years in-house experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree and law degree from reputable schools.
- Active membership in at least one U.S. State bar (admitted to practice, or licensed as house counsel, in Washington State).
- Experience with commercial matters is key; some experience in other areas, like privacy regulation, intellectual property, employment matters, etc. is preferred.
- An exceptional critical thinker who possesses strong business acumen and excellent judgment; must be able to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and pivot between responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Excellent drafting and legal technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills; team player.