<b>Duties</b><br /><br /><b>Summary</b><br /><br />As a Building Management Specialist, you will provide occupants of both Federal Government buildings and privately leased space with safe, secure, clean, and sustainable facilities.<br /><br /><strong>Location of Position: </strong>Public Building Services (PBS), National Capital Region (NCR), Office of Facilities Management (OFM), Washington, D.C.<br /><br />We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed through this announcement or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area.<br /><br />Learn more about this agency <br /><br /><b>Responsibilities</b><br /><br />As a Building Manager you will perform the following duties:<br /><br />Assists Building Manager with building operations, maintenance, repair, alteration, historic preservation, recycling, concessions, safety, environmental and security in the agency-owned and leased buildings assigned. Manages grounds and exteriors including parking structures and lots, site utilities, landscaping and grounds, snow removal, and exterior building maintenance; assesses the effect of climate and extreme environmental conditions and evaluates the performance of grounds and exterior elements. Assists Building Managers monitor efficient occupant space utilization, energy and water conservation, sustainability and environmental hazards programs, and fire and security protection. Assists Building Manager in monitoring information and trends related to facility management technologies and assesses their applicability in assigned buildings; planning for and overseeing the acquisition, installation, operation, maintenance, upgrade, and disposition of components supporting facility management technologies; managing preventive and predictive maintenance, and making appropriate recommendations when modifications are needed. Develops and implements a cost effective quality assurance plan. Monitors contractor's quality control and performance. Evaluates any proposed contract changes and makes recommendations to the Contracting Officer regarding changes in scope of performance standards to improve service delivery. Identifies the impact of building activity projects upon tenant agency operations and service delivery. Provides contract administration and lease management services to ensure that lessors comply with the scope, terms and conditions of the lease. As a Contracting Officer's Representative, works in coordination with the Leased Contracting Officer (LCO) to perform pre-occupancy and transition tasks. Independently investigates complaints received from tenant agencies, property managers or others. As related to bona-fide complaints, interprets lease provisions to ensure equity for the Government and lessor. Meets with lessors, property managers and contractors to discuss and potentially resolve complaints or disputes concerning issues such as quality of services delivered, adequacy of maintenance and operation of mechanical systems, custodial services or grounds maintenance. Explains, promotes, and implements agency's property management policies, procedures and methods. Regularly meets with high level client agency representatives and tenants from various Federal agencies, including Judges of the Federal Judiciary and other court officials, business persons, local government officials, and the general public on matters involving GSA programs and activities within the buildings assigned.<br /><br /><b>Travel Required</b><br /><br />Not required<br /><br />Supervisory status <br /> No <br /><br />Promotion Potential <br /> 11 <br /><br /></li> <b>Requirements</b><br /><br /><b>Conditions of Employment</b><br /><br /><ul> <li>US Citizenship or National (Residents of American Samoa and Swains Island)</li> <li>Meet all eligibility criteria within 30 days of the closing date</li> <li>Meet time-in-grade within 30 days of the closing date, if applicable</li> <li>Register with the Selective Service if you are a male born after 12/31/1959</li> </ul> <br /><br />If selected, you must meet the following conditions:<br /> <ul> <li>Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive,<strong> if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee.</strong></li> <li>Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).</li> <li>Serve a one year supervisory or managerial probationary period, if required.</li> <li>Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security's e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.</li> </ul> <br /><br /><b>Qualifications</b><br /><br />For each job on your resume, provide:<br /> <ul> <li>the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)</li> <li>number of hours per week you worked (if part time). </li> </ul> <br />For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here . <br /><br />The GS-11 salary range starts at 69,581 per year.<br /><br /><strong>Specialized experience:</strong><br /><br />To qualify, you must have one year of <strong>specialized experience</strong> that is equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-09), in the Federal service. OPM Qualifications Standards for 1176 Series . <br /><br />Specialized experience is experience assisting in the management of large office buildings or large office complexes including improving customer and client agency satisfaction with building services; assisting in negotiation of service contracts and lease provisions; preparing service contracts; assisting in development of maintenance programs; evaluating and monitoring building operations, maintenance, repair, custodial, recycling, environmental management and alterations, etc. to ensure compliance with agency requirements and industry standards; assisting with budget formulation and execution; and conducting inspections of designated space or facilities.<br /><br /><strong>OR </strong>Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: Applicant must have three years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a PhD. degree, or a PhD, or equivalent doctoral degree that is directly related to the position. <br /><br /><strong>OR </strong>A combination of Education and Specialized Experience<strong>:</strong> Applicants must have a combination of graduate level education and appropriate experience that together meet the qualification requirements of this position.<br /><br /><b>Education</b><br /><br />If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https: www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html <br /><br /><b>Additional information</b><br /><br />Bargaining Unit status: NFFE <br /><br />Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility. <br /><br />Travel expenses associated with interviews will be your responsibility. <br /><br />We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed through this announcement or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area.<br /><br />We are also accepting applications from all U.S. Citizens and Nationals under Vacancy Announcement #1911245KTDE. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both. <br /><br /><b>How You Will Be Evaluated</b><br /><br />You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.<br /><br />You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.<br /> <ul> <li>Knowledge of a wide range of building management principles, concepts and practices as well as a thorough understanding of building tenants and client agency's needs, requirements.</li> <li>Ability to apply qualitative and quantitative techniques and statistical interpretations.</li> <li>Knowledge of contracting rules and regulations to ensure services provided meet contract specifications as well as business and workplace needs of the tenant.</li> <li>Skill in interpersonal relations and in written and oral communications required to explain, evaluate and negotiate client and technical operating requirements.</li> </ul> <br /><br />Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.<br /><br />If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA's Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP/CTAP) , you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority. <br /><br /><b>To preview questions please click here .</b> <br /><br /><b>Background checks and security clearance</b><br /><br />Security clearance <br /> Other <br /><br />Drug test required <br /> No <br /><br /></li> <b>Required Documents</b><br /><br />ALL required documents must be submitted before the closing date. Review the following list to determine what you need to submit.<br /><br /><strong>Note:</strong> If required to submit an <strong>SF-50</strong> (Notice of Personnel Action), an equivalent agency Notice of Personnel Action form is acceptable. Such document(s) must show all of the following: effective date, position, title, series, grade, and rate of basic pay, tenure group 1 (career) or 2 (career-conditional), position occupied group, and name of agency. If you are a <strong>GSA employee</strong> (except in the OIG), you are not required to submit an SF-50.<br /><br /><ul> <li><strong> If you are a 30% or more disabled veteran, VEOA or VRA applicant or qualified spouse, widow/widower, or parent:</strong><br /><br /><li>Copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD-214 that shows the dates of your active duty service. If selected, a DD-214 showing your type of discharge (member 4 copy) will be required prior to appointment.</li> <li>If you are a disabled veteran, or are applying under VRA or VEOA as a spouse, widow/widower, or parent of a veteran, submit both of the following in addition to the DD-214:<br /> <li>completed SF-15 form; and</li> <li>proof of your entitlement (refer to SF-15 for complete list).</li> </li> <br /><br /></li> <li><strong>If you are active duty military</strong>- Certification on a letterhead from your military branch that includes your rank, character of service (must be under honorable conditions) & military service dates including discharge/release date (must be no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted).<br /><br /></li> <li><strong> If you are a current Federal employee or Reinstatement Eligible:</strong> Submit your latest SF-50.<br /><br /></li> <li><strong>If you are eligible under an Interchange Agreement: </strong> Submit your latest SF-50.<br /><br /></li> <li><strong> If you are a former Peace Corp or VISTA volunteer: </strong> Submit your Description of Service. <br /><br /></li> <li><strong> If you are a current or former Land Management Agency Employee – Submit a and b:</strong> <br /> <li>one or more SF-50s, including your most recent one that shows you were on a competitive time-limited appointment(s) with a Land Management Agency and served on the appointment for a period(s) totaling more than 24 months without a break of 2 or more years.</li> <li>Copy of your agency's annual performance appraisal(s) or written reference(s) from a supervisor at the agency verifying satisfactory performance during your appointment(s).</li> <br /><br /></li> <li><strong> If you have a disability:</strong> Submit proof of eligibility. For information on eligibility and required documentation, refer to USAJOBS's People With Disabilities page.<br /><br /></li> <li><strong> If you are applying under another special appointment authority:</strong> Submit proof of your eligibility under the appropriate appointment authority. See USAJOBS's Resource Center for more information.<br /><br /></li> <li><strong>If you are </strong> ICTAP / CTAP <strong> eligible</strong> – <strong>submit a, b, and c</strong>: <strong>(a)</strong> proof of eligibility including agency notice; <strong>(b)</strong> SF-50, and <strong>(c)</strong> most recent performance appraisal.<br /><br /></li> <li><strong>Current or Former Political Appointees:</strong> Submit SF-50.<br /><br /></li> <li><strong>College transcripts:</strong> If you are using some or all of your college education to meet qualification requirements for this position, you must submit a photocopy of your college transcript(s). If selected, an official transcript will be required prior to appointment. For education completed outside the United States, also submit a valid foreign credential evaluation that substantiates possession of the required education.<br /><br /></li> </ul> <br />ALL required documents must be submitted before the closing date. Review the following list to determine what you need to submit.<br /><br /><strong>If you are </strong> CTAP <strong> eligible</strong> – <strong>submit a, b, and c</strong>: <strong>(a)</strong> proof of eligibility including agency notice; <strong>(b)</strong> SF-50, and <strong>(c)</strong> most recent performance appraisal.<br /><br /><strong>Current or Former Political Appointees:</strong> Submit SF-50.<br /><br /><b>If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:</b><br /><br />Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education . <br /><br />Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.

More Jobs: