As the first Legal Counsel in North America for our Packaging Division, you will address a broad array of legal issues with business executives, including opportunities to provide support on general corporate and commercial matters, support contract negotiations and claims management activities, and effectively manage litigation cases as they come up in a fast-paced high-tech environment. This is a unique opportunity to get an in-depth view of being in-house counsel at a highly innovative company, while rolling up your sleeves to pitch in on cutting-edge legal issues. You will directly report to the General Counsel based in Germany. The position will require the ability to effectively manage numerous diverse projects at the same time. The candidate must be a self-starter with a high degree of business acumen and a positive solutions-oriented attitude. The candidate has to be a strong communicator and capable of working with all levels within the organization.
- Negotiate complex agreements with our customers, partners and suppliers.
- Coordinate with business clients within the company and its affiliates concerning sales contracts and other projects.
- Assist in all aspects of management of litigation matters.
- Provide advice, support and training to business units on legal and compliance topics.
- Actively manage outside counsel.
- Administer the corporate law requirements in North America for the Packaging Division. Provide support in M&A projects and post-merger integration phases.
- Establish and monitor expense budgets.
- Some travel, both domestic and international, required.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about the law, eager to learn new issues, enthusiastic to work with our business teams, ready to work hard in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a Juris Doctorate from a U.S. accredited law school.
- Must currently be a member of the Georgia bar in good standing.
- Must have a minimum of 4+ years as an in-house counsel in a corporate environment within the engineering sector or working for a law firm.
- International experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership ability coordinating and driving processes marked by honesty and integrity.
- Strong analytical skills with an affinity for technical contexts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A self-starter that exhibits confidence and comfort with decision making.
- Intermediate or better level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.