FIS seeks a senior-level attorney with experience advising financial institutions or financial services providers on regulatory and compliance issues. The attorney will have responsibility for advising business partners and fellow attorneys on a wide range of laws and regulations including but not limited to consumer protection regulations. The successful candidate will be an expert in consumer financial services laws and regulations, with a proven track record of successfully partnering with senior business leaders, risk management and compliance to achieve business objectives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide legal counsel on the interpretation and application of consumer protection laws including the FCRA, UDAAP, FDCPA, TCPA, Regulation E and applicable state laws.
- Review and advise on pending and developing laws and regulations relating to financial services.
- Support achieving business strategies and results through legal advice that reflects an advanced ability to understand and evaluate legal and regulatory matters in the context of business objectives.
- Support and advise business leaders, risk management and regulatory relations on supervisory and examination matters.
- Represent the company before financial regulators and other relevant parties including the FFIEC and CFPB.
- Collaborate closely with compliance department in ensuring that products and services are provided in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist in the development of internal policies, procedures, best practices and compilations of precedents and know-how related to regulatory compliance matters.
- J.D. from an accredited law school required
- Strong academic credentials and admission to at least one state bar.
- A minimum of 7 years of regulatory compliance experience, with a combination of in-house banking counsel and law firm experience preferred.
- Experience interacting with regulators and examiners on both a federal and state level.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Legal advisor or compliance professional supporting global compliance or regulatory function for bank or financial services company.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships in fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to successfully manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Experience negotiating and drafting complex financial services contracts