Job Description and Responsibilities
This job can done in New York, NY San Francisco, CA or Foster City, CA
Visa is seeking a seasoned business and commercial lawyer to join its growing legal team that supports Visa’s Global Product organization and the company’s business solutions functions. The position will report to a Vice President within the Global Product & Business Solutions Team.
The role includes responsibility for supporting a variety of products and services, either as the lead attorney or as part of a small team of experienced counsel, which may include mobile, digital, data, and risk products; loyalty and offers; and other payment products. The attorney will work closely with other experienced counsel and compliance professionals and regularly engage directly with mid- and senior-level business clients.
Applicants must be skilled at managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and challenging, but highly rewarding, environment; have strong analytical, client counseling, and negotiation skills; have experience guiding and working directly with business clients; be self-motivated; and, most importantly, be an optimistic, curious, and collaborative team player.
Prior payments industry or financial services experience is preferred.
Visa is looking for someone who will:
- Work closely with business and technology teams, including senior management, to understand and achieve key business objectives and help them develop compelling product and service offerings
- Draft, negotiate and drive to completion complex commercial agreements that achieve business objectives, and provide ongoing legal support for existing business relationships
- Provide sophisticated and creative counseling and advice to business and technology teams regarding product development, deployment, and associated commercial and contracting considerations
- Work closely with Visa’s regional and local legal and business teams globally, and assist these teams in resolving regional and local issues, including to achieve consistency on approaches and issues by Visa worldwide
5-8 years of legal practice
Combination of in-house and top-tier law firm experience preferred
Strong academic credentials, including a J.D. degree (or international equivalent); admitted to practice law in the United States
Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, and engage directly with senior management with little or no supervision
Must be a practical and creative problem-solver with strong business acumen and work ethic
- Must be able to manage and drive the legal and regulatory aspects of complex business initiatives, both in the U.S. and internationally