Appirio Inc., a Wipro company, is a global cloud consultancy company that helps customers achieve results in weeks, and not years, by harnessing the power of the world’s top talent. Appirio’s business and technical expertise have helped 800+ enterprises confidently use technology to increase innovation and transform business. Founded in 2006, Appirio is a trusted partner to companies such as Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Japan Post Network, L’Oreal, NetApp, The Four Seasons and Virgin America. Appirio operates as an independent subsidiary of Wipro.
Appirio is seeking a proven leader with between 3-5 years minimum of relevant legal experience, specifically focused on commercial contracts and privacy law considerations. The position reports directly to Appirio’s Head of Legal. Ideal candidates will have strong pro-business philosophy and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. This position offers the ability to work almost entirely remotely but with occasional onsite client meetings.
- Strong internal customer focus
- Privacy law expertise
- Proven ability to solve practical problems and deal with regular change
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoys working in teams and being a member of a collaborative legal group
- Accessible and approachable
- Integrity and good judgment
- Strong intellectual capacity and high personal standards of excellence
- A self-starter who is productive and has the motivation to assume significant responsibility
- Interest in experience in IT and technology, and specifically, cloud technologies
- Negotiate, draft, revise and lead master service agreement deals, statements of work, and other contracts
- Revise and negotiate Appirio’s in-bound vendor contracts
- Support outbound contracts for the company’s crowdsourcing platform
- Develop and execute business-specific IP processes and strategies
- Enforce current and help develop new compliance measures
- Work on corporate compliance matters and support finance, HR, litigation, and other functions where applicable, though experience in these areas is not required and learning on the job is encouraged
- Minimal travel on a quarterly basis, to support on-site deal negotiations for Appirio’s parent company, Wipro.
Education and Required Experience (Requirements)
- Minimum of 3-5 years legal experience negotiating master services agreements, privacy law issues, licensing agreements and other technology-heavy and IP-heavy commercial contracts
- JD from an accredited top tier law school
- Admitted to the bar of at least one state
- Travel up to 10%
- Position open to remote, work from home
- Not eligible for visa sponsorship
- Unsolicited emails will not be considered, applications should be submitted through the company website.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.