Lime is a smart-mobility provider that offers cities an array of mobility products including e-assist bicycles and electric scooters. Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options that improve urban sustainability.
We are looking for an outstanding leader to join our fast-growing team as Senior Counsel of Employment. You will advise on and manage a variety of employment legal issues at one of the fastest growing startups in history. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a founding member of the Legal Team, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What You’ll Do
- Provide legal guidance to internal teams on employment matters that affect the company, with an eye towards how it impacts the company globally.
- Manage employment litigation and pre-litigation matters including administrative charges, government audits, private litigation, and demand letters.
- Serve as a business-minded legal advisor on a broad spectrum of employment law matters, including: recruiting, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence and accommodations, wage and hour issues, internal investigations, hiring and separation agreements, compensation and benefits, privacy, contingent workforce issues, executive compensation, and immigration.
- Draft and reviewing agreements, templates, our employee handbook, and other employment-related documents.
- Work effectively across business units and internal functions to resolve complex business and risk management issues.
- Lead outside counsel relationships as necessary.
- JD/law degree and bar admission in at least one state.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Proven high-performing legal experience in an in-house environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical, business-friendly advice to clients.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; ability to drive issues to a quick resolution that factors in many non-legal variables, such as brand-risk, communications, government relations, tax, insurance, finance and other business units.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences with the fastest growing startup of 2018
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
- Competitive salary and benefits
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.