Netflix is changing the way more than 150 million subscribers around the world enjoy entertainment. As a company, we challenge industry norms by pushing one another to think creatively about difficult problems.
Our growing Original Animation, Business & Legal Affairs team is looking for someone who shares our passion for kids and family animation and the entertainment industry. Someone who seeks out and thrives in an environment where freedom and responsibility are a tenet, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates (Netflix culture). A stunning and selfless colleague for whom no task is too small or insurmountable.
This role is based in our Los Angeles office and will report to the Vice President of Business & Legal Affairs, Original Animation. You will advise on legal affairs for all of our kids and family animation matters. The scope of this role includes leading our animation production legal team, and supervising contract administration, casting administration, and other legal functions related to the development, production, and acquisition of animated film and TV content for kids and families. You will advise on legal issues and help develop forms and best practices for the Original Animation, Business and Legal Affairs team. You will serve as a critical legal partner for all of our animation production groups at Netflix, including for feature films, kids television, preschool, and international originals, as well as for cross-functional teams such as labor, employment, IP, finance, and tax.
The ideal candidate will have at least twelve years of business and legal affairs experience in film and/ or TV, and preferably at a major motion picture production studio. Confidence and expertise in legal affairs, including above-the-line and below-the-line talent agreements, and production services agreements is required. Strong drafting skills and a keen eye for detail are required. Experience with content licensing is a plus, but not required.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team leadership skills, including with respect to mentoring and training others.
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively, cross-functionally, think practically and be flexible and solution-oriented.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.