The ideal candidate is a highly motivated critical thinker that strives to positively contribute to a successful team in a fast-paced environment.
- The Associate Attorney position will serve the Vice President of Legal in the legal department division of 5 Arch. The Associate Attorney will provide legal support in the structuring, negotiation, documentation and closing of complex secured real estate finance transactions. The Associate Attorney shall negotiate and draft loan documents and manage outside counsel in mitigating transactional risk.
- License to practice law in California.
- 5-7 years of relevant transactional real estate experience negotiating and closing complex commercial real estate loans for lenders or borrowers
- A juris doctorate degree from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Must have legal research experience through Westlaw/Lexis.
- Must be team-player, motivated, organized and hardworking.
- Excellent research, analytical, verbal and writing skills.
Candidates should have:
- A solid work ethic.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent business judgment, interpersonal skills, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- A positive and energetic attitude.
- Ability to work independently, with or without secretarial assistance
- Must have a good understanding of work flow and legal concepts pertaining to business purpose loans
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, compile reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- An acute attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task
- Aptitude for problem solving with a proactive attitude to accomplish tasks